first let’s clear the popular misconceptions :
- the US government doesn’t pay, it’s the TRIBAL governments.
- not all nations offer scholarship programs.
- it doesn’t pay for everything, no scholarship does.
- over 95% of natives quit high school & don’t qualify for college.
- Natives are statistically the poorest population in this country.
now let’s break down where that money is going :
- Natives only make up 1.37% of the population.
- only 1% out of the native population attends college.
- only part of that 1% uses a scholarship.
- “your” taxes do not pay for that scholarship.
What you’re really saying is “how dare 0.0001% of the citizens, from the poorest population in this country, get a scholarship from their respective Native Nations!!”
do you feel silly now? you should feel silly.